It’s hard not to love a Goldendoodle. A fairly new breed of dog, the hybrid situation often confuses pet owners as to how they should properly take care of their Goldendoodle – should you treat it as more of a retriever or a poodle? Here are some tips to help make taking care of a Goldendoodle an easy task to accomplish.
- Prepare your home for a puppy. Keep all cleaning supplies stored away, remove certain plants from inside your home, pick up small items the puppy can choke on, store away any items you wouldn’t want them chewing on, etc.
- Start training as soon as possible. Begin training as soon as you bring the puppy home. Goldendoodles are highly intelligent, so it shouldn’t take long for the puppy to pick up on commands.
- Provide toys for your puppy. The puppy will need something to distract it while you’re busy or away from home. Goldendoodles should be perfectly content with all types of toys, as they love having fun and playing.
- Make time for your puppy. Find time in your day to spend with your puppy. Play with him or her, go on walks, cuddle – all of this will make your puppy feel at home in its new environment.
- Create a schedule. Schedule feeding times and walking times; this way, he or she will know when it’s time to go outside and when it’s time to eat.